TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Most Common Source for Brake Fluid Leaks?
People Seeking Info

Subject Most Common Source for Brake Fluid Leaks?

Posted by nissubaru on September 30, 2019 at 9:15 AM
  This message has been viewed 198 times.

Message Pretty certain I've got a fluid leak somewhere, haven't found it yet. I suspect it's my fluid because the reservoir is low/empty (forgive me, it's dirty and hard to see through lol) and I rebuilt the calipers a couple years back and added stainless lines and speed bleeders all the way around so they're in good shape otherwise.

Around that same time I also snapped one of the bendy hard lines up front (Part numbers: 46246-33P10 and 46245-33P10). It seems to have been bent back and forth too many times over the years and ripped open. Luckily I was able to grab those two hard lines for $20 at my local dealer.

I suspect maybe it could be the rear hard lines (part numbers: 46288-30P10 and 46288-32P10) but they are discontinued from the factory. Anybody know where I can get some replacements?

Additionally, I'm not 100% sure it is those hard lines. I went looking for signs of fluid around all of my wheels but didn't find anything. Any good methods for testing the brake master for leaks?

Could it also be a hardline from the master to one of the wheels or is that unlikely? Car isn't rusty, it's from Florida.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.