TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - running rich! power steering rack and boost /vacuum leaks ne
People Seeking Info

Subject running rich! power steering rack and boost /vacuum leaks ne

Posted by cheesymcgreasy on September 26, 2019 at 10:29 AM
  This message has been viewed 233 times.

Message hey guys so just the other day i got myself a 300zx na with a twin turbo swap car sat for a few years and the guy i bought it from knew nothing about it other then these few mods it has a complete jdm swap with seals and gaskets done ,stage 3 clutch in it with a chipped ecu from CZP for just a exhaust and a single intake with ebay 2inch side mount intercooler kit with stock injectors. he just happen to inherit it. anyways i got the car to start after flushing a few things and a new battery.  it has a rough idle but if i hit the gas it sounds pretty decent but runs very rich, if i let it idle for more then a few minutes it would get to the point where it just slowly shuts off.

yes i did pull a spark plug to confirm its running rich its pretty black but ive seen worse 

i also have a spare ecu for a stock tt should i try to plug that one in to see if it makes a difference ?

but anyways to the issues... number 1  It has no power steering at all the pump works but once i pour fluids in there it just pisses out of the power steering rack. it looks all rusty and shitty so i was planning on replacing it if possible. my question is do i need a NA rack and pump on the twin turbo motor? or do i need just a tt rack? or would a new NA rack work with the twin turbo pump? 

problem number 2  for some reason allll my vacuum hoses are all over the place a lot of stuff is capped off but it looks like it could be set up kind of right for stock. i looked at a few diagrams but all the vacuum hoses doesn't match if it was modified nor stock. should i start from scratch and run all new hoses for it to be stock? or run them as if i was to put a manual boost controller but if i do that i would need new pipping because i wouldn't be able to run vacuum lines to the right places from looking at my intercooling pipping. could this even be my issue on why is running like shit and rich? maybe i was looking at a wrong diagram ? does anyone have links or pictures of how to run them for whats best for my set up. i know it could be a leak in the inter cooling pipping but when i really step on it wouldn't you think something would pop off ? i sprayed brake cleaner on almost everything and it would only spike around the injectors for some reason and the vacuum balance bar but i dont see anything that doesnt look right. 

but thanks for all your information everyone i really hope someone can help me that would be awesome im located in north jersey if anyone knows a place or a person that specializes in these cars please let me know where or who to go to! or if anyone that can help me is local that be great thanks everyone!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.