TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Well, got contacts clean and verified continuity between the
People Seeking Info

Subject Well, got contacts clean and verified continuity between the

Posted by Woodnutz on September 20, 2019 at 5:11 AM
  This message has been viewed 160 times.

In Reply To Ignition head-scratcher. From misfire to no fire... posted by Woodnutz on September 14, 2019 at 01:18 AM

Message coil connector and PTU, ECM and PTU. IGN and GND are good at the coil, coil ohm’d out good and I even swapped one for good measure. Before jumping at a new PTU, I’ll do the splice job to ditch the old connectors just in case the contact is too far gone. Reasonable enough - just wiggling the connector drops another cylinder out. Peter, good advice to just be rid of the extra connections.

PTU resistance check wasn’t 100%, but I’ve got to explore all wiring possibilities to be sure. Don’t suppose anyone’s got a PTU they’re looking to get rid of?

Aside from the cost, my hesitation to just buy a PTU is the fact that the issue has behaved like an intermittent connection in the past. Prior to my recent work for valve covers, exhaust and clutch, all 6 cylinders were firing, with just the one dropping out at random (les than 5% of the time). I suppose there could be a connection issue in the PTU itself - I'm not familiar with it's typical failure effects.

Thanks again for all your input!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.