TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I had suspected spliced replacement connectors with pigtails
People Seeking Info

Subject I had suspected spliced replacement connectors with pigtails

Posted by Woodnutz on September 16, 2019 at 6:16 AM
  This message has been viewed 133 times.

In Reply To Re: Got her started, but still have the misfire. Needed to clean posted by Metacom on September 15, 2019 at 04:51 PM

Message but that proved to not be the case - it was just a re-pin job. The 7-pass original PTU connector was/is heavily corroded and has been confirmed to at least be a significant contributor to the ignition issues. I've given it the baking soda paste scrub treatment, and while that got a good bit out, I think I'll be going a little harsher and step it up to a CLR dip.

I'm more than likely going to go for the sub harness delete, but I wanted to confirm my suspicions before hacking the wiring up. If I do it, I might as well do the relocation while I'm at it.

Power at the coil is good, ground at the coil is good, but continuity on the signal wire between the coil and aforementioned corroded 7-pass is inconsistent. Hopefully, I can clean these up good soon (life/work tend to get crazy during the week). Crossing my fingers that everything fires properly after that. If not... I'll just keep working it back.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.