TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Agreed, I just installed this bushing in Silver Zed
People Seeking Info

Subject Agreed, I just installed this bushing in Silver Zed

Posted by vorpalZed on August 15, 2019 at 10:31 AM
  This message has been viewed 187 times.

In Reply To There is a solution for that...... posted by itsa300zx on August 01, 2019 at 01:54 PM

Message highly recommend it over stock. It doesn't make shifting any notchier than stock teflon bushings and side to side shifter looseness is eliminated.

itsa300zx has cleverly designed it so the metal outer sleeve and flanged ends don't compress the center rollers It cannot be overtightened with the stock nut and bolt.

The roller bearings give a nice, positive engage and disengage with no slop and it is perfectly sized to fit snugly in the stock shifter yoke.

I installed from the inside of the car, it's easier to access the linkage bolt and nut from the passenger seat rather than reaching over the console from the drivers seat as the whole shifter assembly is positioned nearer to the driver and harder to access from that side.

Install tips:

- Get a mag retriever if you drop the nut onto the exhaust shield.

- ensure the shifter is reinstalled correctly. Put a mark on the forward face of it so you don't accidentally spin it and get everything bolted up and find the shifter is mashing into the console in first, third and fifth.

- make sure you install the lower rubber boot snugly fitting around the shifter plate rim. Stretch the little rubber pull tabs and roll the boot around the lip of the plate pressing down from the top to make sure the lip of the boot seals to the shifter plate. If you don't get it sealed, you'll get transmission noise in the cabin... annoying.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.