TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Sorry I missed your ? in the other thread - I’ve read it’s
People Seeking Info

Subject Sorry I missed your ? in the other thread - I’ve read it’s

Posted by Woodnutz on August 14, 2019 at 12:56 AM
  This message has been viewed 231 times.

In Reply To Is the EGR valve/delete more accessible from this point? posted by billh on August 12, 2019 at 10:00 AM

Message “possible” to do it with just a plenum pull, but I don’t really see it from a practical standpoint I was able to get everything EGR out, but I had the trans out. I had everything loose, but had to cut the exhaust feed tube (close to the EGR valve) to untangle it from around the heater tubes.

FWIW, if your valve covers are leaking (mine were), I’d recommend doing what you can to get the EGR out - or at least disable it and cut the tubes as far back as you can. In taking the exhaust valve covers off, I had to pry the plenum EGR tubes out of the way - NO WAY I was going to even attempt to re-seat those liquid-gasketed valve covers with those tubes in the way. No thank you.

Glad my pic was able to serve in getting you some more input - that’s what everyone is here for. If you post and don’t see responses, feel free to hit up someone’s profile and see if they have an email address listed. Good luck and throw out more questions if you have them.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.