TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - If your going to Troubleshoot, Get Conzult and a Cable
People Seeking Info

Subject If your going to Troubleshoot, Get Conzult and a Cable

Posted by Cjw3 on July 23, 2019 at 5:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 226 times.

In Reply To 1993 TT - Idle and Turbo Boost issues after Cheap injector posted by LA z on July 22, 2019 at 06:41 PM

Message This will let you see what the ECU is Seeing.. Sometimes the 'Staged' idle can be a Dirty Idle Control valve.. With the Software, you can 'Set' the valve position and let the engine smooth out from there.. You'll get your ass kicked, when you have an ECU making changes trying to fix something your trying to figure out..

And by having access to the Fuel Trims, you can see any fueling issues left to right.. like leaking or stuck injectors on one side that are not on the other.. BTDT

My '90 NA started having ruff idling issues, then did not pass CA. Smog.. HIGH HC's.. first time for me on this car.. so I tossed Conzult Software in and had a look.. Idling Rich on one side.. Pulled the Injectors and put them through the Flow tester.. Out of twelve total injectors, I finally found 6 that were the same flow rate at 50% Duty Cycle and 100% Duty Cycle.. Passed smog and runs great at idle now.. like it did when I first put it together..

Good Luck..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.