TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1993 TT - Idle and Turbo Boost issues after Cheap injector
People Seeking Info

Subject 1993 TT - Idle and Turbo Boost issues after Cheap injector

Posted by LA z on July 22, 2019 at 6:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 318 times.

Message swap and install.... So, we had an injector fail a few weeks back, and decided to change out the set with new style injectors bought from Ebay. Not realizing the actual price of "real" injectors for this car, we went for something cheep. Mistake No.1. The odd thing is that we (this is now my son's car - hence we) now have a strange lopping idle. At cold start, it take a few cranks to fire. Once it fires, it idles at 14-1500 rpms, steady. Once it starts to warm up, the idle falls to 800, then lopes at 600 to 800 to 1100, steadily rising from 600, when it reaches 1100, it drops dramatically to 600, then starts the process again. It also lacks boots below 2000 rpm, once at or above 2000, it runs fine. This is why I am suspecting a vacuum leak. But...

We have checked for plenum gasket leaks, TB leaks, injector leaks, etc. by smoke. Not done a vacuum gauge - manifold vacuum - test yet, but is it worth while?

Sprayed Brake cleaner upon every area of the manifold, no change.

Messed with the idle solenoid, replaced MAF, checked all connections, no codes.

Ebay Injectors ohm'd at 11.5-6 across the board. Bad injectors? This is the only thing changed prior to the bad injector work. The old injectors were stock Nissan. Ran flawless, until No. 6 died.

Remedy? I have since bought (for the kid) new 740s with a Chip and Socketed ECU from Specialty Z. Planning to install them this coming weekend.

Any other advice? Where could I find more info (other than the FSM) on this weird idle and boost lag issue?

Like I said, car was flawless prior to the injector swap. That leads me to think these injectors are just that, cheap stuff....

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.