TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I don't think the 300 degree kit will provide enough camber
People Seeking Info

Subject I don't think the 300 degree kit will provide enough camber

Posted by nissubaru on June 11, 2019 at 3:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 250 times.

In Reply To SZ is right. i don't think there is a best after market posted by slayer fan on June 11, 2019 at 08:16 AM

Message He's asking for a lot. I read a lot about going with the 300 degree kit before I ended up buying Powertrix arms, I just didn't think the kit would get me back in spec. My original arms were already shimmed out with washers a pretty decent amount, the nuts holding the control arm bracket to the car barely had enough thread to fully seat on the bolt (which is why the 300 degree kit comes with new/extended bolts).

The tires were also showing uneven camber wear so I said screw it and went with the Powertrix arms. I was curious to get an alignment prior to installing the arms but that would have just been a waste of money. At the same time I replaced the original shocks and saggy springs with Tokico Illuminas and Tanabe springs + new 18" wheels and tires. There were a lot of variables so I just went with the adjustable arms as a foolproof way of ensuring everything would be in spec after the alignment.

If this was my daily driver I'd probably be more interested in the 300 degree kit but I think the Powertrix units will survive the conditions I subject the car to.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.