TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Driver side door lock actuator won't unlock with key-
People Seeking Info

Subject Driver side door lock actuator won't unlock with key-

Posted by nissubaru on May 15, 2019 at 3:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 297 times.

Message Before you think I need a Z1 lock actuator...I don't! I already have it installed.

I've asked this before but I don't think I got any responses last time. Is anyone familiar with how the door locks and all the rods/clips are supposed to work? My drivers side door originally didn't work whatsosever so I bought the Z1 replacement actuator and installed that but it still didn't work.

It's been a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details, but a 6" long rod with a few bends in it was supposed to clip into the replacement actuator but it literally fell off inside the door and I had to fish it out. I found it the second time around and clipped it into the actuator. Low and behold, I can now lock my car from the outside and it will also lock the passenger side...but I still cannot unlock the damn thing!!!

I'm just typing this up to see if anyone has a clue. I have videos and pictures where I show the inner workings of the door lock actuator and the rods I'm referring to that I can post if needed. Will just take me some time to dig through my phone.

Anyone familiar with it enough to wanna see the vids or pics?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.