TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Thing is. Dutycycle isnt really the best way to look at it..
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Thing is. Dutycycle isnt really the best way to look at it..

Posted by turisimo66 on April 18, 2019 at 8:15 AM
  This message has been viewed 175 times.

In Reply To Thing is. Dutycycle isnt really the best way to look at it.. posted by kickerzx on April 17, 2019 at 10:54 AM

Message Kickerzx
I 100% agree with you, the minimum pulse width and IMHO the minimum pulse width steps increments on the injector (due to 8 bit ecu control) are the issues here not duty cycle per se.

My point was/is that for idle, 15mph/2ndgear and 25mph/3rdgear are all operating right at the bottom of the pulse width range for our cars with very little difference in the pulse width used by the injectors in all 3 modes. Only the O2 sensor open vs closed loop control is different.

so my statement is that minimum pulse width issued can equally affect both idle and smog testing operating conditions they are very close in terms of injector operation.

As my boost controller only measures duty cycle i reported it, but I agree with you, it would have been more helpfull to convert those to pulse width numbers.

T

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.