TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Found Vacuum Leak - doesn't look factory, what is this?
People Seeking Info

Subject Found Vacuum Leak - doesn't look factory, what is this?

Posted by nissubaru on April 08, 2019 at 4:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 373 times.

Message I didn't have a ton of time to mess with the car today, I was basically just over at my gf's grandparents house for lunch where the car has been garaged over the winter so I snapped a few photos to review and I think I found the leak, but I have no idea what it is as it doesn't look like it's factory. None of the photos of intake plenums I can find online show what I have lol, any ideas?

First here's a photo that I took a year or two ago when I was messing around, it shows the rubber cap in tact proving that it was there at one point.

Next are two photos I took today, didn't notice it until after I left but it's pretty clear that the same rubber cap is completely blown out.

I'm sure I can go ahead and just put another cap on there...but what the hell is the thing that's installed on my car and can I just unscrew it and put in bolt in place? Anybody got a part number on the original bolt or know the pitch/diameter/length?

Also, any idea where the plugs circled in blue are supposed to go? Vacuum lines and some of the wiring on this car need some work for sure. I bought all new silicone hoses to replace all the vac lines on the Z but I found the vac leak before I even got that far.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.