TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Trying to decide on what replacement turbo
People Seeking Info

Subject Trying to decide on what replacement turbo

Posted by JT240Z on April 07, 2019 at 6:30 PM
  This message has been viewed 287 times.

Message While I'm at this stage, I need to decide what way to go for turbos. Looking for suggestions. The build parameters will be stock 370cc injectors, divorced down pipes, single PoP charger, and Ash Spec ECU on an Automatic transmission. It's the wife's car and she wont be flogging it very hard. The options I'm looking at are either replacement CHRAs or Z1 rebuilt stock turbos. The Z1 turbos do use new OEM CHRAs as well. In either case I plan on purchasing the complete turbo install kit. I'm also looking at a set of Z1 GT525 turbos.

Not sure if the larger GT525's are really any benefit in this case but they're on sale for $1795 a pair that includes the complete install kit with new oil lines and gaskets.

I've looked into some less expensive rebuilds but would like to start with new CHRAs for simple longevity purposes. I'm getting too old to have to do this over again.

What do you guys think? Any other options I've not considered?

Cost is important but not the absolute deciding factor. The difference between the lowest cost and highest cost is approximately $450 once you factor in the complete install kit with new oil lines.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.