TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Need to replace my stock '91 TT spoiler - looking for info
People Seeking Info

Subject Need to replace my stock '91 TT spoiler - looking for info

Posted by Zashi on March 27, 2019 at 6:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 308 times.

Message My factory '91 TT spoiler is warped and needs to be replaced, but there's a lot I'm not sure about, and anything you guys know would help.

First, removing it. I heard you can peel it off with fishing line wire? Is that true? What do you recommend?

I also own an NA with a smooth hatch obviously, and my endgoal plan is to replace the factory '91 spoiler with the '94-'96 pedestal spoilers because I want the third brake light panel for the full rounded aesthetic, as I don't like the tailights being cut off at the top. Is the TT hatch different on that section to where you wouldn't be able to replace it with a third brake light panel easily? Should I just swap with the NA hatch and install the pedestal spoiler later, or just remove the TT spoiler and keep the hatch?

If you're personally against the pedestal spoiler, do you guys know of alternate ducktail spoilers that still retain the full tailight outline? Just looking for ideas.

If/when I do go the pedestal route, how would you recommend installing it? I've seen some tutorials, but the alignment process seems highly imprecise.

Thank you for any information.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.