TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Help, can’t figure it out
People Seeking Info

Subject Help, can’t figure it out

Posted by jgelly on February 05, 2019 at 7:16 PM
  This message has been viewed 223 times.

Message Still have a recurring problem: at high speeds, my Z starts to almost stall out or seems to surge as tho it was a bad maf(has a new maf) when i press the clutch down or go into neutral, it does this either when im driving and do either or those, or if i were coasting down a hill and pickup speed.
2 new o2, new iacv, air regulator, maf, ptu, spark plugs, pcv valves, new tps, ohmed out the wires from the maf and no broken wires, no misfires no vacuum leak, stock air filter(not pod filter)
anyone know what my problem may be?
is there anywhere else i can test, or is there a way to test that the ecu is working properly>it looks like water could have gotten into the ecu are, there is a water stripe going down that left a little rust trail

So I did the following tests and they all came up fine, but then after plugging the ecu back in I now have a misfire(no spark) and it’s had some problems before (bad connection or whatever) but it seems to be different cylinders, if I were to put a new harness and ecu in, what would you all say are the chances of fixing any problems I have. Engine is fine mechanically

I’ll post the tests I did

1990 5speed na

1990 n/a 5speed

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.