TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I could not find any hose caps that were made of acceptable
People Seeking Info

Subject I could not find any hose caps that were made of acceptable

Posted by 300NASeattle on June 17, 2018 at 1:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 223 times.

In Reply To 8mm water line plugs - where to find them? posted by 300NASeattle on June 11, 2018 at 05:02 PM

Message material for capping off the water lines. I wanted something similar to to the water lines with reinforcing from webbing. I found some silicone caps online but none were reinforced. I was going to use the vacuum caps I bought even though I knew they would need to be replaced or watched after a year but decided against it. These vacuum caps did come in handy during the tear down and cleaning though - to close up fuel lines and PCV pipes while I clean them and to keep out debris while they are open. Super handy.

I removed the water heater hoses and pipes to get the EGR bolts loose and saw that I should replace both pairs and welding those hose nipples shut seemed the best answer. I found them on Z1 with this as an add-on option so I don't need to find a local welder to do it for me. Problem solved. Of course, this is only an option if you have an NA.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.