TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 8mm water line plugs - where to find them?
People Seeking Info

Subject 8mm water line plugs - where to find them?

Posted by 300NASeattle on June 11, 2018 at 5:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 339 times.

Message Hi,

I got the plenum pull done last night in about 4 hours with some photographs to make sure I get the correct screws back to the right hole and putting all the fasteners into ziploc bags and labeling them. It was easier than I thought it would be, though I have a big advantage without having to mess with the additional turbo connections.

I am going to do the water bypass for the throttle bodies and try to remove the EGR as well without a transmission pull - hoping that I will have it easier with the NA than a TT. At least try to remove the side tubes from the EGR and cap the exhaust and plenum.

Does anyone remember where they got their rubber 8mm water plugs to cap off the water lines? I assume that only the NA needs the caps, while the TT needs to connect those water lines to the turbo loops.

The original plenum pull reason was to replace the fuel rail to lower intake isolators - one was leaking and pulling in air.

I am also doing all the rest,

1. Fuel injector o-ring replacement
2. Fuel line replacement
3. Drivers side PCV valve (was able to replace the passenger side with plenum in - gave up on drivers side).
4. Swap out the brittle electrical connectors
5. The fuel PRVR solenoid and bypass
6. A few more hoses I wasn't able to easily get to while the plenum was on.

I assume this is the normal amount of black oil film that I should expect in the intake and EGR tubes and that I shouldn't worry about cleaning it out of the intake and plenum. I usually prefer to have everything spotless when I put things back together but if there is no negative to leaving it I will not try to get the inside of the plenum clean - not sure how I am going to go about it other than taking it to a shop and having them hot dip the part in cleaner.

Google Photo Album link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/aoGRPZtfXCCatPgU7

src="https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/iWBdAUg8wRxsmQxYOAEjhe0dwaN4
_hQmP2qLrDc7fCrEqlnluptDxv6ucQx1CmtLsz6BtdVI9pGYutEEMN1t5T3Hi0_oz
R5ZmmLWWOQRf2eLY1mbS3FXtqi2vsbShgMbX4WlkAS6uAk=w640-h480"
width="640" height="480" />

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.