TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Vacuum leak or something else?
People Seeking Info

Subject Vacuum leak or something else?

Posted by KeepinitClassy on May 23, 2018 at 5:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 257 times.

Message It was a nice day for a drive so I decided to go take a look at a local Z for sale.

Minor details on the car, 93 vert, 90k miles on chassis, originally an auto now a 5 speed, no rust anywhere which about blew my mind around this neck of the woods.

The guy selling the car did a twin turbo swap but didn't quite finish it(more like ran into issues and couldn't figure them out so he's ditching) Que me and why I'm considering it but wanted to run a few things by you guys.

First the transmission, he did the auto--->manual swap and used a transmission from Z1 with a stage 3 clutch. Due to the issues we could get it running but was unable to drive it however while running through the gears as I sat in it 1st and 2nd were ok but every gear after that including reverse was a bit of a bear to even find and get in. Having never driven a car that has a tranny swap is that normal?

My other question involves the motor, the motor used for the swap was taken out of a side swiped Z that was totaled out. It runs but not 100%. He deleted the EGR valve and A/C but did admit to rushing the swap and didn't have time to do any maintenance on it, insert face palm. The end result is a motor that will idle but if you rev it the motor will drop down low in the rpm range and ultimately stall out. I wasn't able to drive it but he did say that during a drive it has no top end power and he believes there is a vacuum leak because it gets no boost.

My two part question is A: any ideas on that? and B: would it be easier to just pull the damn thing out and start over again?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.