TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Dual pump question - Are most deleting the FPCU
People Seeking Info

Subject Dual pump question - Are most deleting the FPCU

Posted by Zbullet on May 12, 2018 at 6:51 PM
  This message has been viewed 308 times.

Message Plenty of people have gone to dual walbros. I know there is a way to keep the Pump Control Unit with the help of a larger diameter ground etc. etc.

I'm curious how SZ and others are setting these up. Are they running one pump full out with the second switched on a Hobbs (or triggered by RPM using a standalone)? Or are they rejigging the wiring to run the main pump off the OEM pump controller with the second being connected via hobbs or whatever the preference?

I was Planning to keep my stock pump and run the walbro 485 as the secondary, but there's just so much shit in the way with the OEM pump. I'm trying to find space on the hat for my Radium electrical bulkhead as well as the additional AN Bulkhead for the second fuel line and its bloody tight. Using a Y connector in the tank with the OEM pump appears to be impossible. At $100 for a second walbro I'm thinking the OEM pump might go. Means more wiring and an additional relay.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.