TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Problem solved: Clutch pedal collapsing to the floor after r
People Seeking Info

Subject Problem solved: Clutch pedal collapsing to the floor after r

Posted by robsheer on May 07, 2018 at 4:21 AM
  This message has been viewed 310 times.

In Reply To Help! Clutch pedal collapsing, no pressure posted by robsheer on May 04, 2018 at 03:54 AM

Message In case anyone else runs into this problem after rebuilding their master cylinder. Here's how I solved it:

1. I borrowed a large C-clamp and fully compressed inward the slave cylinder without removing it. Tightened the clamp and went back up to the passenger side bleeder, had someone press down on the clutch pedal several times, then opened the bleeder screw and a ton of air bubbles that were not there before came out. After a few open/close cycles, the clutch pedal started to finally stiffen. The fluid and pedal were finally getting pressurized.

2. I then repeated the bleeding procedure at the bottom bleeder screw at the slave cylinder, with the slave still compressed with the C-clamp. To my surprise, many more bubbles came out! I was shocked how much air was still in the system after all the bleeding I had already done at both locations. I repeated steps 1 and 2 (top and bottom) several times, until no more air came out. It took several cycles.

The solution was to compress the slave cylinder while bleeding.

Many thanks to everyone who responded with possible solutions and assistance!!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.