TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Help! Clutch pedal collapsing, no pressure
People Seeking Info

Subject Help! Clutch pedal collapsing, no pressure

Posted by robsheer on May 04, 2018 at 3:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 309 times.

Message 1994 300ZX NA, original owner: My clutch was losing pressure and collapsing to the floor if I didn't use it over several days/weeks, but would work once I started the car and lifted it with my foot. I suspected the clutch master cylinder, so I bought the OEM kit and rebuild it and reinstalled it. I bled the system first at the slave cylinder, then the top bleeder on the passenger side (damper pipe), until I saw no more bubbles.

Here's the problem: It never builds any pressure on the clutch pedal itself. The pedal just collapses to the floor every time, no matter how many times I pump it. I get fluid through the clear hoses at both bleeder valves (when opened) and the fluid pours well when I pump (push down) on the clutch pedal. But it never builds pressure!

1. Could this be caused by a bad slave cylinder? I don't see any leaks at the slave, but the slave never fully extends. When the clutch pedal is down, the slave piston is hard to push back, but when the pedal is up, I can push the slave pin into the slave cylinder. I'm at a loss! If it's an air bubble, I can't get it out.

2. Before I spend more money replacing the slave cylinder, is there a way to test if the slave is the problem. Seems that this issue is mostly caused by the master cylinder and by air in the lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm exhausted from trying to find the problem. I've spent many hours! Thank you!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.