TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - When did this shake start (miles ago?) what was done >>
People Seeking Info

Subject When did this shake start (miles ago?) what was done >>

Posted by ZUL8TR on April 12, 2018 at 3:37 AM
  This message has been viewed 265 times.

In Reply To Steering Wheel shake posted by Johnny C on April 11, 2018 at 10:03 AM

Message before when there was no vibs? Are the tires new or just rebalanced? If old tires how many miles on them?

Agree with Metacom. Check the front tires rim lateral and radial runout at the tire mount bead perimeter. Also check the lateral and radial runout of the mounted tire on the rim at the center of the outer tread as a reference line.

For smoothest ride you can also rim match mount the tire if the tire still has the factory colored dot or triangle (determined by factory with a special machine) and align it with the average low point on the rim that the factory locates on the new rim (not all have it but the OEM Z rims do). If rims are old need to remeasure the rim average low point by radial runout measurement at the inner and outer tire bead circumference and place a mark on the outside of the rim between for the average to match mount tire to.

Some tires like Yoko have a dot and a triangle and the triangle is to align with the rim runout low point the dot to match the valve stem if the triangle not there.

Most shops put the tire factory dot or triangle at the rim air valve which is not match mounting, some pay no attention to the marks because they are not aware of what they mean or do not want to bother. When I have tires mounted I instruct the mounter where I what them on the rim, they accommodate.

Some tires new or used have inner radial belts that were incorrectly placed or shift with use and you can balance them but they will not run true when in road contact. This condition increases with speed. I had new tires with this condition and they never were right they were replaced under warranty.

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.