TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - When is a good time to replace injector o-rings?
People Seeking Info

Subject When is a good time to replace injector o-rings?

Posted by Zbruh92 on April 04, 2018 at 6:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 310 times.

Message Plenums comin off to replace leaking VTC gears and after removing the timing covers I noticed coolant puddled up in the valley behind the thermostat housing. It’s possible it splashed in there when I was wiggling the hard pipe off but just to be sure I’m pullin the lower manifold as well. I had an issue in the past with the freeze plug on the rear of the engine where I had nicked the opening with a carbide bit while drilling out the casting flash. Literally every seal/gasket on the engine was replaced during the rebuild but the lower manifold, which came with 618cc injectors, was negotiated with the purchase of my 92 shell since the ecu was tuned for them. I have no idea when they were installed so I was considering replacing them while i have it out rather than having them fail and cause issues in the future. Age is more of a factor than mileage and the car was sitting in storage for 7 years before I got it but if it’s not needed I won’t bother with it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.