TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Update - I opened up the bulkhead and re-seated it. It's no
People Seeking Info

Subject Update - I opened up the bulkhead and re-seated it. It's no

Posted by Haasz32 on March 17, 2018 at 12:16 PM
  This message has been viewed 358 times.

In Reply To Fuel leaking out top of fuel tank bulkhead - deleted CC and posted by Haasz32 on March 16, 2018 at 07:42 PM

Message longer leaking around the bulkhead o-ring, but it is leaking (and I think it was before too) around my new Radium Engineering wiring screw connection at the bulkhead. The washer is tight, so somehow it just isn't sealing all the way. There is a flat part on the connector, but when you drill, obviously you create a round hole. I think it's leaking from that flat spot. I think I need to open it back up and apply some silicone sealant in there.

I realized I can't have the pressure gauge after the fpr toward the tank, which is how I had it before when the gauge was showing only 30 psi. I have an inline temporary gauge installed, and now I have it after the fuel filter, so prior to fuel rail on the pressure line, which is the correct placement. With the gauge at the correct point in the fuel line, I realized my fuel pressure is actually too high and I can't get pressure down enough. It's reading about 50 psi, and at this setting the gauge is not showing any difference in pressure when I have the vacuum line connected and when I don't. I think that's because the set screw is too far out so it's not sealing. When I turn the setting the other way (bolt farther into the fpr unit), I can see the fuel pressure increase, and I can see a difference in pressure when vacuum is hooked up and when it's disconnected. Not sure yet why I can't set it any lower than 50 psi.

The leak at the bulkhead needs to get fixed. I'm going to get that wiring connection point to seal next and see how things are at that point. Maybe that will help with setting the fuel pressure, I'm not sure.

Any suggestions or experience sharing here would be very much appreciated though, especially in regard to setting the fuel pressure. There is a port on the fpr for a gauge, but I don't have the correct size threaded port adapter to hook up my guage there. So I just put the gauge inline after the fuel filter, which should be fine.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.