TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Clutch Bleeding Woes - Good pressure but pedal travel is bad
People Seeking Info

Subject Clutch Bleeding Woes - Good pressure but pedal travel is bad

Posted by Polish on January 15, 2018 at 4:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 406 times.

Message Hi All,

Having a problem bleeding my clutch. I am doing a auto chassis to 5speed conversion. I installed factory hard lines, a new centric NA clutch master cylinder, newly rebuilt slave cylinder, and refurbished an NA pedal with all switches.

Currently I have the system bled, I am getting no more air out of the system at the slave cylinder or the pass. fender well bleed screw. However, the pedal will not return all the way back up. It goes about half-way... If I put a tiny bit of pressure, it flops over the center spring and pops to the top, so it isn't far off.

I think my rod adjustment could be off? But not really sure. When I first tried to bleed the system, it was definitely incorrectly adjusted. I have since extended it almost as far as it will go, with about two threads remaining on the clutch switches. It still will not come back up all the way, even though it feels like it has plenty of pressure down low and is moving the clutch fork by a significant amount.

I tried bleeding for a solid 30 or so minutes. Does it just need more? I feel like my master cylinder linkage could still be incorrectly adjusted, but don't see how I could adjust it any further.

Thanks for any help!!!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.