||What I chose to do differently was turn the block upside down while drilling, I also did not drill into the case hardened bearing, after I drilled the top portion with grease on the bit ( to catch shavings) I tapped with grease and pulled the first portion out,
Allowed the bearing to drop out, then proceeded to the second portion. Pulled it and was surprised to find no leftover chips in the galley.
Regardless I have decided to pull everything apart and clean it again, it sucks... It just simply is not worth taking the risk.
I followed that link you mentioned for direction and just improvised a little due to having the bottom end already assembled.
Thanks for the post though.