TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Valvetrain
People Seeking Info

Subject Valvetrain

Posted by platinumist on November 14, 2017 at 3:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 459 times.

Message So I'm in the process of pulling the motor and heads, going to get the heads completely re-done. I don't know exactly where myself and/or machine shop went wrong when I previously rebuilt the motor but I don't want to risk it so I'm re-doing the valvetrain. My questions for any of you with the knowledge or experience:

OEM valves since I don't really need to go oversize? Plus they are cheaper and should require less machining, right?

OEM valve seals since that's all specialty z uses

Valve guides? Is this overkill if they aren't broken or cracked? Any benefit to going bronze vs OEM? My only concern here; currently there are mismatched generic valves installed, would this cause any damage/wear to the original valve guides?

Are there any decent aftermarket brands for lifters that are cheaper than OEM? Thinking about replacing the whole set instead of rebuilding them again (I have one that ticks for 3 seconds on cold starts).

Anything in particular I should be requesting with the machining other than finding a reputable shop in Sacramento?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.