TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - found this in some of my archives, copy and paste
People Seeking Info

Subject found this in some of my archives, copy and paste

Posted by SammybTT(TN) on November 12, 2017 at 7:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 366 times.

In Reply To Re: I've tried it from.what's written and it isnt working posted by SammybTT(TN) on November 09, 2017 at 06:33 PM

Message Hope this helps...........

Low beam + high beams on at the same time modification

OK,

The reason this modification is handy, is in particular for those of us with HID low beams. When HID low beams turn on from cold, they take a few seconds to come up to full brightness. As a result, if you use your high beams for long enough for your low beam HIDs to cool down, when you return to low beams, for a few seconds you have no useful light. That is disconcerting at best, and dangerous at worst.

Now for the mod.

When you turn on your headlights (lows, highs or flash your high beams), the two relays (circled blue) are energised (aka +12v are sent to both low beams and both high beams).
The relay circled in red determines which set of lights (lows or highs) are earthed, depending on the switch positions inside the cabin.

All you need to do for this modification, is to remove the relay circled red, and pin 5, which is in the one in the centre of the relay (it's numbered too to make it really easy) needs to be earthed. You can easily locate this wire from under the fuse box and patch into it, and secure to a good earth on the chassis.

This way, when ever any power is sent to the highs or lows, the lows are earthed regardless of the cabin switch positions.

Make sure you use cable that can handle 10 amps at 12v.

Easy 5 minute job.

Video of the results
PEXZED
How do I rewire my fog lights??
The way I have my switch wired just results in the fogs and lows staying on when you turn on the high beams as long as the fog light switch is on. So then you have the following setup:

SWITCH POSITION FOGS LOWS HIGHS
Off Off Off Off
Parking N/A N/A N/A
Lows On(Fogs Off) Off On Off
Highs On(Fogs Off) Off Off On
Lows on(Fogs On) On On Off
Highs On(Fogs On) On On On
People won't be confused when flipping from high to low, because it's obvious lights are turning off. With the stock setup, when flipping from high to low ONE set of lights turns off and TWO come on. With my setup, high to low results in THREE sets of lights becoming TWO sets, which is much less confusing to other drivers.
On the bottom of the panel that has the headlight switches and fog light switch, etc. there's two phillips screws. Remove them and the light control 'pod' is easily removed exposing the wiring behind.
Figure out which wires are coming from the fog light switch. I think one is green with a yellow stripe. Use a short length of similar gauge wire to connect this to the nearest black (ground) wire. Don't CUT these wires, just expose some of the copper inside and splice into them. Or go to Radio Shack and buy plastic wire splicing pieces (the crimp together style).
JaimeZX

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.