TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Fog light rewire question
People Seeking Info

Subject Fog light rewire question

Posted by 300zxNA2TT on November 08, 2017 at 11:59 AM
  This message has been viewed 425 times.

Message Hello everyone. I am trying to do the fog light mod where they work independently of the ow beams.

I have searched and searched. None of the pots I find have the pictures, probably due to them being deleted off their original.ho at ng site. I'm a bit confused so some help would be appreciated!

First, I know nothing about mechanics or electrical stuff, so just going off YouTube and reading, so please bare with me.

First, I did the headlight of mod where u jump the two wires . so now my lowbeams stay on if I flash my high beams. That came out fine. I believe its the (G/Y) wire jumped to the black ground wire. I didnt cut either of them off, I just shaved the plastic outter a bit and then put a wire from one to another, thats how I understood it. And it works.

Now the fog lights, I got to th fuse panel under th hood. I don't understsnd how y'all did it with the engine in, mines being swapped and finally gave me room to play.

So the green/red wire in th fog light/daytime light relay has constant power. The red w/free stripe (that the post says needs to be cut) is the one I tapped into. I didnt cut th wire, again just unshielded a piece and gave it current. On that wire, the fog lights turn on. Like it just gives them power without me pressing the do light switch or anything. if it has power, I can't turn it off. I gave power to another wire and it turned on my passenger headlight.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, since I can't see pictures from the original post. I Haber cut the red w/green stripped wire cuz I don't want to mess it up I I'm wrong, but could that be it ? That I have to cut it and not just tap into it ?

There's also some wires that are jump red together. This car seems pretty stock so I don't know if it was modded or if thats how it is from factory. Hopefully I can upload some pics.

Please help I am novice at this and searched as much as possible.

I want to run my fog lights independent of the ow beams. preferably completely independent of anything but I don't mind if it has to be with the daytime running lights.

Thanks !
U can text me too if its easier to explain

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.