TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Best options for plumbing fuel lines???
People Seeking Info

Subject Best options for plumbing fuel lines???

Posted by Zbullet on July 18, 2017 at 1:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 569 times.

Message So I have 740's with a 'confirmed' 300degree rail. My secondary pump showed up yesterday and I'm drawing up my options to plumb the rails.

I will be using an in-tank Y-connector with an AN-8 line to the engine bay. From there it appears there are a few options ...

For guys pushing 700+ HP, are you plumbing the rails in series or parallel?

I believe that the rails are a -6 size. I was thinking of running parallel -6 lines off my -8 feed. This would require two 180 degree fittings to loop parallel return lines back to the FPR.

It'd probably be a bit easier and cheaper to run the rails in series, but in theory the parallel seems like a better setup?

Thoughts? Advice?

I recall seeing one custom setup which had hard lines coming off the front of the rails with the FPR mounted in front of the throttle cable cover. I like the idea as there would only be far less clutter behind the motor with fuel lines and fittings and the example I recall seeing was really clean. I'm not sure if having the FPR mounted directly to a motor that is constantly shaking and vibrating would be best? Typically the FPR is mounted to the firewall or bodypanel in the engine bay. Anyone use this style of set-up? Any thoughts / input?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.