TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - In am surprised your system operates well with
People Seeking Info

Subject In am surprised your system operates well with

Posted by JMartz on July 11, 2017 at 10:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 458 times.

In Reply To I did not remove it. I bought a 94+ expansion valve but posted by ZaXxon on July 11, 2017 at 06:59 AM

Message the TSV. Every refrigerant conversion I have read on this forum alluded to the need to remove that device. It is, as I understand it, a secondary refrigerant by-pass, to further control evaporator temperature, during situations the expansion/by-pass valve fails. I think those situations occur during automatic operation during cool weather. In 1994 Nissan replaced the TSV with the TCA, a thermistor based temperature sensing device that sends a signal to the ecu (grounds a pin) to cut power to the magnet relay, introducing quasi clutch cycling, to the odd way Nissan controls evaporator temperature.

The TCA has partially failed in my car, cutting the compressor at 44 rather than 34F. This results in poor cooling through excessive clutch cycling. I have permanently grounded the pin so only the exp/bpass valve controls evap temp. Do keep in mind that Nissan a/c systems DO NOT clutch cycle but by-pass.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.