TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Summer heat is here any my a/c is less than...
People Seeking Info

Subject Summer heat is here any my a/c is less than...

Posted by JMartz on July 09, 2017 at 5:06 PM
  This message has been viewed 541 times.

Message After 10 plus years of poor cooling, I finally bypassed the TCA (thermo control amplifier) and cooling performance improved on my 1994TT. One day if I get that ambitious, I will remove the evaporator and clean all the lint it has accumulated in 23 years. I have done this in the past to other older filterless cars with fantastic results. One would expect that car as small as the Z32, should get very cool when running the air.

It has been a while since I put the gauges on the system. Back then (7 or 8 years ago), the performance of the compressor was within FSM specifications. Given I have only put 10,000 miles in 12 years of ownership, I doubt the compressor has worn that much.

My car cools rather well while running, but poorly stopped and idling. This can be poor cooling efficiency in the condenser (like r134a converted car that keep the r12 unit) or poor compressing efficiency from a worn compressor.

I do remember when the refrigerant change occurred in the early to mid 90s, that cooling did not seem as good as with the good old r12, especially while stopped in traffic. My new 2016 car cools rather well; so r134a systems can be made to operate properly.

Does anyone here have an OEM r134a or converted car whose cooling satisfy you, or is this just an early system that just is never going to work well (like the brakes).

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.