TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I used a chemtool straw to poke in that hole and i felt
People Seeking Info

Subject I used a chemtool straw to poke in that hole and i felt

Posted by dTb on June 30, 2017 at 6:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 384 times.

In Reply To I just pulled my seals and yes my 96 does have the holes posted by nelso419 on June 30, 2017 at 08:09 AM

Message a blockage. Once you verify no blockage, clean the entire housing that the seal sits in with chemtool/brake cleaner. clean the OD of the seal as well so it is free of oil. I have heard of people lubing the OD of the seal, and putting them in dry, and using a sealant. I went the sealant route, its up to you. There is supposed to be grease on the ID of the seal, that helps aid the installation of the sprocket so it doesnt tear the lip of the lip seal. Once the seal is in all the way (mine went in reaaallly easily even with sealant, some peoples is harder and have to be tapped in with a coupler and hammer) it is a good idea to clean the outside face of the seal and the head with chemtool/brake cleaner and then apply a good quality RTV (Ive been using Right Stuff Grey) on the outside face so that you cover up any possible leak path of oil around the OD of the seal. Be carefull not to get it on the ID of the seal, if you do just take a q-tip and gently clean it off with some solvent. Good luck. These leaks are really annoying and take time to pin down sometimes :(

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.