TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - up to you. that puller is twice the cost of a seal and
People Seeking Info

Subject up to you. that puller is twice the cost of a seal and

Posted by dTb on June 29, 2017 at 10:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 366 times.

In Reply To Re: Oh ok. Not sure if that hole is there then... posted by nelso419 on June 29, 2017 at 09:20 PM

Message no guarantee that it wont damage anything. If your worried about scratches, you can slide in a piece of teflon or plastic shim. I would first confirm that the 96+ has that port, if not you probably dont need to check. You can also try to seal the OD of the seal with permatex aviation formagasket or high tach RTV... and RTV the outside of the seal as well. I got really tired of leaks and tried these methods and am finally leak free. A little exta info on cam seals ( since i like having this info searchable for people in the future), my engine builder said he used Gates brand cam seals... They are brown/orange and were larger in OD, smaller in ID and thinner cross section than OEM. They fit the seal housings and sprockets much tighter than the oem seals and so you would think they would seal better but a couple leaked. i replaced them with all with OEM, which fit much looser, and i also used the sealants i mentioned and i havent had an issue...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.