TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - That's about 700 miles/year. IMO any name brand 10W-30>>
People Seeking Info

Subject That's about 700 miles/year. IMO any name brand 10W-30>>

Posted by ZUL8TR on June 27, 2017 at 3:21 AM
  This message has been viewed 451 times.

In Reply To Oil recommendation posted by MetZel91 on June 26, 2017 at 10:54 PM

Message full synthetic and a brand filter (no Fram) will do for your TT, 100% syn oil needed since the turbo will really work on the oil with lots of heat especially heat soak at shut down. What is your change oil schedule ? I assume you don't track race or 1/4 mile it ?

My example: The last 7 years the car sits a lot and I have been driving my 92 Z NA (93K now bought it new) about 600 miles/year. Each time I drive it I go about 15 miles (sometimes longer) to fully warm up the oil. Short trips not good for the engine. Oil changed about 6 months but car does not hibernate in winter in Orlando. Past 7 years been using a semi-syn hi mileage 10w-30, lately Valvoline. I always used 10w-30 brand oil and filter. The engine uses no oil never valve tics and runs great. In the past when I drove a lot more I would change the oil and filter at 4-5 thou or 4-5 months which ever came 1st. During warranty I followed the manual on oil changes.

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.