TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - block & head gasket
People Seeking Info

Subject block & head gasket

Posted by lbw46 on June 26, 2017 at 9:53 AM
  This message has been viewed 482 times.

Message 96 TT 106k miles
my issue. the other day while I was driving my fan belt went. didn't notice right away continued driving. then all my lights went on and I started noticing my heat gauge rising. been driving 50 years and I was STUPID should know better. I continued to drive about another 5 min if that much. Maybe 2 miles. I was very close to home. Car didn't start to steam until the last few hundred yards. Had it towed to my mechanic next day. He replaced all the belts let it run for awhile and it didn't overheat so I drove it home. Started to overheat again, this time I was closer to home. gauge was up there but didn't steam at all. Next morning I drove it back, he's about 4 miles and it was fine until I got about 100 yards from the garage and the gauge started to climb. Never made the full hot zone.
He check it out and there was no antifreeze. they added 2 gal.
He told me down the road the car may have some issues with the head and the gasket. May ride for a long time or just go. I have driven it about 50 miles, highway and street and the temp is perfect, it runs just fine. There are no drippings on my garage floor and my fluids are right on. Oil pressure is also perfect. He is not looking to pull the engine and grind the block. He is honest to the core.
I could use some opinions.
thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.