TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - EGR Bolt Reinstall
People Seeking Info

Subject EGR Bolt Reinstall

Posted by maur010 on June 18, 2017 at 1:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 563 times.

Message I'm trying to wrap up my first plenum pull and the 2 interior EGR bolts are beating me up. I've got almost 3 hours into them and can't get it to work. I know I probably should have deleted the EGR but I'm trying to get my car running back to normal after sitting for 10 years and didn't want to change too many things on this first pull.

I was able to get in the exterior EGR bolts on the driver side and passenger side pretty easy. I ended up using my dremel and removing the water line ends that come out of the bottom of the upper plenum to give myself as much space as I could. I'm positive that I'm turning them in the correct direction. I can get a finger or 2 under the bolt and can spin it, but the EGR tube must be slightly out of alignment even though I have one EGR bolt already in on each side. I simply can't put enough pressure upwards, turn and get the exact alignment all at that same time. This is really beating me up. If I had one EGR bolt in on each side is that enough to avoid air leaks?

Any tools, tips or different kind of bolts I can use instead would super helpful. (I'm also not using the original EGR bolts because they were a little stripped but I'm positive the bolts I'm using are the correct thread and size but they don't have the locked washer on the bolt). I don't know how many more hours I can put into a couple bolts.

Thanks!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.