TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My 2 cents.
People Seeking Info

Subject My 2 cents.

Posted by BannonZ on April 25, 2017 at 6:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 404 times.

In Reply To Auto transmission woes posted by Bigmatthew86 on April 24, 2017 at 03:02 PM

Message My experience in my '90TT with the auto and the HKS ALC was pretty crummy. I had my original trans in the car with about 135K on it, I bought an alc just like you trying to up the performance a little of my auto. After about two weeks of relatively calm driving and a few spirited pulls I got about half way to work and lost the ability to shift out of 2nd gear. Luckily I had it towed in to our shop and had the trans fluid checked. Turns out the discs basically fell apart inside, the trans was running super hot. The filter was full of material and essentially clogged, that on top of the discs inside collapsing equals a need for replacement.

I eventually decided to buy a jdm replacement auto and throw it in, and after three of those (all after about 1 month so I got replacements from the import company)

I started to gather what I needed for the 5speed swap. Drove it down to Bernie in NOVA and did the swap. Was not too cost prohibitive and easily the best modification ever done.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.