TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Follow up
People Seeking Info

Subject Follow up

Posted by Cjw3 on April 22, 2017 at 10:01 AM
  This message has been viewed 499 times.

In Reply To I'd say you popped a coil pack.. Pull it and see (n/m) posted by Cjw3 on April 22, 2017 at 08:29 AM

Message By the looks of the coil pack, the power source to it was turned on and left on.. it should be a Pulse that 'Zaps' the Coil pack.. not a constant 'On'..

My opinion that is what burned your pack.. Now you need to find the problem and fix that before you install another pack and have it smoke as well..

Look at the wiring of the PTU.. The PTU is what fires the Coil pack.. I cannot believe a PTU can do that much damage to a coil pack, and survive.. So I would guess the PTU is likely bad as well..

The ECU Fires the PTU.. so if a driver in the ECU shorted, turning on the PTU, causing the Coil Pack to turn on and Smoke.. then it's posable that you might have a BAD ECU, Bad PTU, and a Bad Coil Pack..

Depending on your skill level.. you might be able to fix this on your own..

The Car of off the road till it fixed.. so we can play....

1) Swap in a Different Coil pack into that position. Lay it on the Manifold, and Plug in the Wire Harness.. Do not insert it into the Spark Plug Hole..
2) Wrap your hand around the Coil part of the Coil Pack and Have a Friend Turn the Key on to the Run Position.
3) If the Coil get too HOT you cant hold your hand on it within 30 Seconds TURN THE KEY OFF.. the Problem still exists !! Further Troubleshooting is necessary
4) If the Coil did not get hot, find another coil pack and re-install all parts and see if it runs on all 6..

Post what you find..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.