TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Test for power on coils, ptu etc with multimeter
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Test for power on coils, ptu etc with multimeter

Posted by Spinall4 on April 06, 2017 at 4:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 395 times.

In Reply To Test for power on coils, ptu etc with multimeter posted by Smokiedabear on April 05, 2017 at 09:01 PM

Message I think that I have all the grounds hooked back up. I count 3 different ones that I got. 1 that goes from the fuel rail to bolt on the lower plenum. 1 on each side of the top of upper plenum on the back side almost by the fire wall.

I found the Nissan procedure for testing the PTU, and I'm going to do that test right now and see what it outcome is.

The one thing that I do have a question on is how does power flow from the ECU to each of the 6 coils, one for each cylinder. Does 12+ power flow from the 6 different ECU ignition coil outputs to PTU, and from the PTU then on to the corresponding ignition coil? The ECU handles switching on/off each ignition output?

I have a copy of the Nissan FSM on CD that is useless as its just one big jumble of stuff. I have also found the Nissan FSM online, but have had no luck trying to use it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.