TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Mixing tires- P Zero System front P Zero Rosso rear?
People Seeking Info

Subject Mixing tires- P Zero System front P Zero Rosso rear?

Posted by madkiwi on March 18, 2017 at 11:29 AM
  This message has been viewed 414 times.

Message I was on Tire Rack and they have the Pirelli P Zero Rosso 245/45zr16 available for the rear, but none of the 225/50zr16 needed for the front. I called and it was going to be 3-4 months (Back-ordered).

Usually the trick (as you well know) is finding rear tires.

So choice #2 in stock was the Toyo Proxes T1R, both f & r with shipping is only $440. I had the Proxes on this car previously, they lasted less than 10k miles. The Fuzions I have now lasted 16,000 miles.

How about option#3? Pirelli P Zero Rosso Asimmetrico rear, and Pirelli P Zero System Asimmetrico on the front?

Is there anything unacceptable about mixing the tire designs? They are similar in performance, both are asymmetrical, most importantly both are the same brand. Anyone think this is stupid?

When I searched for tires on Tire Rack they did not show the Bridgestone RE-11 as an option for my vehicle... but they have both the 225/50r16 and 245/45r16s in stock.

Anyone know why? Only difference beside the size is that the fronts are only V rated (whereas the Toyo is a W and the Pirelli System is Y).

I don't intend to exceed 150 mph, so now I wonder why their systems didn't offer it as a possibility.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.