TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: The differential is mounted to the subframe or
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: The differential is mounted to the subframe or

Posted by Smokiedabear on February 17, 2017 at 10:21 AM
  This message has been viewed 173 times.

In Reply To The differential is mounted to the subframe or posted by JMartz on February 17, 2017 at 06:36 AM

Message This may help you, this is what I did for mine, I had clunking in rear.

-Replaced trans mount with an auto transmission z32 mount (stiffer)
-New motor mounts
-Replace diff bushings with energy suspension poly
-Replace driveshaft with 1 piece, epr racing makes one for 275 shipped or so.
-installed subframe spacers.

I did all this, like I would do one thing and then do another, it took care of some 'slop' clunk but not all.

my diff bushings and subframe bushings were actually in great shape, I get a clunk from rear and transmission when on off throttle, it's either the axles or the differential which is a common thing on these cars.

I thought I had a bad motor mount, so I replaced my passenger side one, this did not resolve problem so that's why I went to rear end.

I still get a clunk sound on off throttle mostly from rear, but also clutch area.

I can't tell if this is from the 6 puck clutch I'm using or the rear diff,axle play or the drivers side motor mount being bad.

I have 2 spare transmissions so I don't care that much if the trans blows up and maybe one day I'll replace the drivers side motor mount if it gets worse but right now the sound seems to be from rear and transmission area so I'm just attributing it to driveline slop as the bushings have been addressed.
I'm not too worried about it the sound is predictable and I've learned to ignore.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.