TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Clutch Issues
People Seeking Info

Subject Clutch Issues

Posted by NissiN on February 16, 2017 at 3:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 227 times.

Message Ok so I've been trying to figure this out for about 2 years now. I installed new down pipes, test pipes, looped the AIV solenoid, short shifter, lightweight flywheel, new clutch and pressure plate good for ~450 (z1motosports) all at the same time. Since then the clutch has been very easy to push and I've been slowly adjusting the pedal out further and further as its slips and each time I get a little more life out of it. Well now I'm adjusted all the way out and if I kick the clutch then it just slips, I have a new 6 puck to put in but would like to not ruin it if there's a problem. I think it was an organic disc that came with the kit. I've been told I'm just too hard on it, organic discs just suck etc.. and that may be so but hard driving or not, it's only been maybe 5k miles. Any thoughts? Fluid level hasn't changed. Right now I can run through second and it's fine but first slips from 3.5k and up most of the time. Also the clutch feels good when the car is off but the second I start it up the clutch takes no effort at all. Thanks in advance.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.