TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Since they rarely (if ever) have issues...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Since they rarely (if ever) have issues...

Posted by Mglide86 on January 30, 2017 at 6:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 288 times.

In Reply To Since they rarely (if ever) have issues... posted by -Grimm- on January 30, 2017 at 10:27 AM

Message The guy that I bought the car from back in July said it had an injector issue and it had a fuel leak so he didn't drive it much. I fixed all the fuel leaks and that cylinder one wasn't firing at all. I swapped out the coil packs still had that misfire on that cylinder. I started driving it and the injector actually started working again so I figured he didn't drive it much so the Z's will punish you for not driving them. Up until recently right before winter (December) it started misfiring on that cylinder again so I figured since I was gonna pull it in for a downpipe, EGR delete, intercooler upgrade, and new valve cover gaskets kit. Well I got her put all back together and I can't figure out why the injector would ohm out fine but I was getting a miss cylinder #1. All the injectors are ohming between like 10.5 to 11 ohms so they are all within spec just that cylinder #1 still misfiring. I even put new plugs in to rule out the possibility. It is a 91 with the newer style injectors so I took off the electrical tape to make sure the pigtails were wired in correctly and everything is soldered and heat shrinked. I was thinking about sending it off (Injector #1) and getting it flow tested and see if it was flowing correctly. Could I really hook a 9v up to it to see if it is working properly? Or what could I do to test the injector and see if it's working?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.