TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Suggestions for next steps, engine dies when reving from
People Seeking Info

Subject Suggestions for next steps, engine dies when reving from

Posted by SammybTT(TN) on January 15, 2017 at 2:38 PM
  This message has been viewed 246 times.

Message Idle

Hey guys. I am about finished with my BDE TH400 swap on my TT. The issue I am having is the engine doesn't want to rev up above idle and if it does it generally dies. My car was running great before the conversion so I am trying to see what I could have possibly done

While waiting on parts I did pull the spark plugs and balance tube to see what their condition was. Everything looked good so I confirmed the gap and reinstall. Since this issue I have retraced my steps to ensure everything is back to original state and as far as I can tell it is.

I have been in the console adding Autometer temp gauges, transbrake line lock controls, along with a B&M quicksilver shifter. Since this issue I have disconnect the new additional wiring and the issue still exists.

I have confirmed the only code I have is 42 (fuel temp) but I had that before the conversion.

At first my O2 sensors didn't appear to be functioning but that might have been an issue with my laptop, now they appear to operate.

I have connect NIStune and ECUtalk and performed power balance test (appears to be functioning properly, some cylinders have a larger impact than others but they all are noticeable)

Gas is approximately 2 months old so I believe that is ok

I have inspected all hoses and haven't found any issues. I have not performed a boost leak test as I haven't made any modifications or other to make a difference

I think NIStune retains the program but since the battery has been disconnected for 2 months I am thinking about re flashing the ECU

I have check the operation of radio, windows, seats, lights, etc and everything works properly

Fuel pump energizes when power is applied.

I have searched the forums but haven't been able to locate a similiar issue, might be the terminology/wording I used in the search engine

I would appreciate any thoughts on what my next steps should be to help isolate this issue

Thanks for looking
Sammy

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.