TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: silicone radiator hose backing off radiator
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: silicone radiator hose backing off radiator

Posted by nissubaru on December 29, 2016 at 3:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 363 times.

In Reply To silicone radiator hose backing off radiator posted by kentatwater on December 28, 2016 at 09:28 PM

Message I've been overthinking the whole upper radiator hose thing for a couple weeks now, actually have a new one waiting for me at home that was just delivered today. Went with a rubber hose rather than silicone as I read that the silicone can slip off easier than rubber, plus apparently silicone hoses can sweat meaning eventually the coolant seeps through the layers. However I don't think that's your problem.

t should be extremely simple to diagnose though. One end of the hose goes on the water pipe on the engine, the other end of the hose goes on the radiator. Why physically would the hose back out? From my experience, if the hose is long enough it wouldn't back out or do anything, however if the hose is too long (which is the case with my aftermarket radiator) the hose will push against the radiator/hardpipe. It'll never back out cause the hose is essentially wedged between the two.

Now in the case where the hose is backing off on itself? I'd have to guess either your hose is too short (unlikely since it's been on for years) or maybe one of the radiator brackets/supports got bent which results in your rad hose "backing" out on its own.

Hope that helps diagnose the issue.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.