TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Loss of power and several other questions about z32.
People Seeking Info

Subject Loss of power and several other questions about z32.

Posted by Suupi on November 28, 2016 at 11:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 319 times.

Message Hello.

First of all, sorry if some of the questions have been answered somewhere; i did a bit of research and did not find anything similiar i was looking for.

My car:
stock 1992 JDM N/A 2+2 with 170tkm done

1. Loss of power
About an month ago i did a dyno run in local shop, and it turned out that there is 40hp missing. here are the dyno sheets https://i.imgur.com/BFkhduB.jpg
That is power from the engine, whp was around 140-150. It also seems that the low end torque is missing. The run was made in 4th gear. Only fault i have found after the dyno is bad o2 sensor. I disconnected both o2 sensors and it seemed to help a bit with the low end torque.
I have not done new dyno run yet (and the car will be in the garage over the winter), but i'm 100% sure that it did not fix the problem.
Where should i start searching for the problem? It still has stock injectors.
I'm going to do timing belt change soon, so if there is anything which requires a bit more dismantling of the engine i could check it at the same time.

2.Noisy fuel pump
The fuel pump sometimes makes a high pitched buzzing/whining noise, especially on cold weather. Anything i should worry about? I have not checked the fuel pressure yet.

3.One piece driveshaft
My driveshaft center bearing is really worn, and i'm about to change it or get an one piece driveshaft. Does one piece driveshaft give more stress to gearbox/diff? I'm just wondering why it is a two piece in the first place if there is no advantages to one piece.

4.Car standing over the winter.
I have disconnected the battery and started/warmed up the car every couple of weeks. Anything else i should do, or should i just not touch the car until i start to work with it? It will still be 2 to 3 months until i can start working with it.

Sorry for the bad english
-Matias

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.