TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Few questions about timing belt service I couldn't find
People Seeking Info

Subject Few questions about timing belt service I couldn't find

Posted by cosmonautpetrov on November 24, 2016 at 10:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 500 times.

Message Hey guys, I had a few questions about the timing belt service I couldn't find answers to online, can someone help me out please?

1. When I removed my rear timing covers, I realized it looks like the plenum has two holes on either side of the idler pulley stud. The edges are jagged and not smooth so it doesn't look like it's supposed to be there. Are all plenums like this or is mine fucked?

2. How do you guys get the cam seals off easily? I managed to get the first 2 off on driver's side, but then on the passenger side I scratched the cam housing a bit on one and couldn't get the other one off. Am I fucked with a small scratch like that? Should I gently sand/file it down so it's not sticking out and then just run it? I'm afraid to start on the last seal / crank seal now because I'm worried I'll end up scratching it again.

[ http://imgur.com/a/LLwni ]

First two pics are the holes I'm talking about, last one is the passenger side intake cam, with the scratch on the left of the cam. The flash makes it look worse than it is, it's about 1/4th - 1/3rd of the seal's width going towards the engine.

Maybe I should have left this all to the professionals haha

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.