TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Few Pointers..
People Seeking Info

Subject Few Pointers..

Posted by Cjw3 on September 21, 2016 at 2:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 351 times.

In Reply To Re: I won't do it any other way! posted by beemc on September 21, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Message I built the Sled to hold the Engine and Trans at the 'First Click' height of the Hoist.. this allowed me to make the Brackets, and Lift/Lower the hoist while fitting it all, and ending up at the Same Place each time.. also allows plenty of room to slide under the Car while things are getting loose..

In practice, I unbolt all the Top Things.. Hoses, Wires etc before sliding the sled under the car.. then set a little of the cars weight on the Sled, and start pulling all the Underneath Stuff..

I struggled with where to mount the Front of the Engine.. Ended up making a saddle out of 5/16 " Plate/Strap Stock with a radius to match the Front of the Oil Pan.. It actually fits in the groove of the Oil Pan.. the only Bolt mounting is on the Exhaust.

photo IMG_1258.jpg

I chose not to have wheels on it.. I use two floor jacks to slide it around..

The Pictures are of the First attempt at brackets.. A Few goodies have been added, to allow the Trans to be removed while the engine is in place.. and when I pulled a TT Motor, I had to change the Exhaust Manifold Mounting Places.. But mostly it's the same sled..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.