TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - need some advice....please
People Seeking Info

Subject need some advice....please

Posted by wh0sjeff on September 16, 2016 at 2:50 PM
  This message has been viewed 245 times.

Message so, my engine is down to the bare block due to oil issues. had to swerve off the road one day because someone, probably too old to drive, came at me head on in my lane.i don't know, maybe they just didn't see the double yellow line on a 2 lane road. anyways, it happened and I didn't get creamed but when I got back on the road and stopped to find my heart and check my car. my oil pressure gauge read 100psi like the wires weren't connected. turned it off and back on, no change so I figured the wires got pulled loose, and they did along with my oil pan being crushed right where the pick up tube is. this happened about 15 miles from home so for 15 miles my car had low oil pressure, maybe no oil pressure. well my oil pump is showing slight scaring, as well as the bearings so I know those need to be replaced. my pistons are wiseco and they look fine as with the rings and cylinders. I've been out of work 6 months due to cracked sternum, 4 ribs and double fracture in my back. so money is scarce. I don't wanna replace the rings, they only have 40,000 miles on them with no previous issues, i'm even wondering if the light scaring in the pump could be buffed or sanded out. the bearings for sure and I can get the crank polished for 20 bucks, it looks fine. if I had the money I would just replace everything but i'm hoping I can just clean everything up and put it back together for the time being. tax season isn't far away and about that time this lawsuit I have should be over with and that's another chunk of money. I have another block that i'm gonna build next year I just need to get by a few more months. by the ay this car is my dd so I cant let it be down for 4 or 5 months til that time comes. any advice would be greatly appreciated

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.